What's new
Welcome to PS Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

How bad backlinks can ruin your seo

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
Backlinks is very important for seo, as usual in everything there must be bad and good. We have good backlinks and we also have bad backlinks, don't be scared we at pearstep are here to make blogging easier for you. Incase you don't know what backlinks is, you can read what is backlinks and where to get them.

Let me be sincere with you all bad backlinks almost ruined pearstep's seo but I discovered on time and fixed it, I am going to tell you how to find bad backlinks and remove them from your website. Bad backlinks brings down your site ranking on Google/search engines, it can even get your website banned from search engines. We need backlinks and we get backlinks but don't know which is good and bad, that's why you should avoid any backlinks generator, they generates backlinks without knowing those sites details.

Bad backlinks is very dangerous, that's why you should always monitor your website stats (traffic, backlinks, ranking and so on). They are many tools to use but I trust only these three because I use them, Majestic, Seoprofiler, and Google search console.

Google search console can't show you your bad backlinks but it can show you your backlinks. That's when majestic or seoprofiler comes in, these tools monitors your website for backlinks and detect the good and the bad, they email you whenever you have a new backlinks and if its bad or good they will indicate. If you see your bad backlinks or you know your bad backlinks, Google search console comes in play, create a .txt file on your PC or phone but I recommend PC. Create your txt and it should be encoded in Utf-8, in your txt file you put the link of the bad backlinks like this (# remove the links http://bad.example.com/stuff/comments.html ).

The # is use for description, you must use the # to start a description like the example above, although its not compulsory to write a description but I recommend it. Then you put the bad backlinks if you more than one, make sure to use the a new paragraph for each. example ( # remove the links
http://bad.example.com/comments.html
http://bad.example.com/paid-links.html ).

If you want to remove the entire website, you can just follow the example ( # remove the entire link
domain:example.com ), removing an entire website, it must start with domain: then the website URL. Now save the .txt file and submit it to Google with this URL Here, choose your URL, Click Disavow links, choose the .txt file and submit.

If you find these helpful let us know and if you have more ideas/knowledge please do share with us, its what we do here.

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
I'm in my majestic dashboard right now, how do i see the bad backlinks?
I'm not familiar with majestic, I'm using seoprofiler...... In your majestic dashboard, check your backlinks, you should see some URL that is flagged or that's different...... That should be your bad backlink

Life

Verified
Founder
Website
www.pearstep.com
Let me try the seoprofiler
But, I just configured my site to "nofollow links" will that help?
No..... It simply means people can't get backlinks from you, no follow tells Googlebot not to increase the ranking of the external links in your website....... So nobody can build backlink in your website

Padilla21

Registered
Website
visiblefactors.com
Thanks a lot for sharing these. I think a good seo company is the most important asset any website owner has today. Organic seo ensures long term benefits for the websites. I use seo services Los Angeles for my website’s seo and I’m really happy with their work.

Cyberhope

CyberHope
Verified
Website
makemywad.com.ng
First article to read from you this year.
This is something most bloggers overlook in the search for back links.

Thanks for the heads up.